“You measure yourself by the people who measure themselves by you. “ – Carter Chambers
- Watch the movie “The Bucket List”, before kicking off this list (as suggested by my barber Kedar Brown)
Change vs. Transformation
What I’ve learned from this film is that change stems from the past, whereas transformation happens in the now. So many choices that are made in life are done in reaction to something. That’s fine and everything, but its not nearly as satisfying as knowing that the life you’ve led was done solely of your choosing. Regrets pile up quite fast and they never seem to end, kind of like bills.
“I’m looking at everyone through an inch of glass. It looks like clarity but it doesn’t feel like it.” – Jubilation “Jubilee” Lee
I’ve also taken note of these 3 “constants” as I watched The Bucket List:
- Anything you resist persists and grows stronger.
- No two things can exist in the same space at the same time (physics concept).
- Anything that you leave as it is will complete itself and disappear.
Living life takes realizing and accepting all that you have before you and actually doing something with it to the fullest of your potential. I created my bucket list so that I could tap into the “sum of my ambition,” as Carter Chambers put it. If I had to be completely honest with myself, I’d say that I’ve lost my grip on life; sure I’m living my life, but I rarely find myself truly enjoying it. I want to be able to connect with not only myself, but with others and know that I’ve made a positive impact. Is anything on that list Earth-shattering? Probably not, but it’s real to me because these are things that I want to experience for myself, with the people who I cherish. As selfish as it may sound, this could be the first step towards making myself feel deeply and profoundly proud of myself and the days that will eventually become known as my life.
Onto the next one (in no specific order)!!
- Rascal Flatts’ Bucket List (wycd.radio.com)
- Bucket List Part I (monochromeeyes.wordpress.com)
- Forever growing. Forever living. (christinecameron25.wordpress.com)
- My internship (potomacshores.wordpress.com)