6. Make time to donate blood again (it’s been 3 months!)
I was supposed to donate blood last Friday, but found myself too busy and rescheduled for today. It feels great to give something that can actually make a difference in someone’s life. Being O Negative blood type makes me feel quite proud since its a rare blood type.
Universal donors and universal recipients
Individuals with type O Negative blood are a pretty rare blood group, and are called a “universal donors”, since they can donate blood to any blood type.
- Patients with Type O blood must receive Type O blood
- Only about 7% of all people have Type O negative blood
- Type O negative blood is the preferred type for accident victims and babies needing exchange transfusions
If your blood type is . . .
|Type||You Can Give Blood To||You Can Receive Blood From|
|A+||A+ AB+||A+ A- O+ O-|
|O+||O+ A+ B+ AB+||O+ O-|
|B+||B+ AB+||B+ B- O+ O-|
|A-||A+ A- AB+ AB-||A- O-|
|B-||B+ B- AB+ AB-||B- O-|
|AB-||AB+ AB-||AB- A- B- O-|
Like I said earlier, I feel good, but I also feel tired so I’m done for tonight.
Onto the next one (in no specific order)!!
- Can blood types be incompatible? (zocdoc.com)
- Who is universal donor in blood grouping (wiki.answers.com)
- Red Cross needs blood (vivianpaige.com)
- Blood Donor Rejected for Appearing Gay (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)