- Pleasant or attractive
- (of a person or manner) Polite, friendly, and likable
Charm or charisma, a number of socially desirable characteristics such as courtesy, wit & sexiness.
To put it a different way, it means to be intriguing and be able to intrigue. To be charming, you often have to do things against the grain – to be different from the others, in a good way. Charm is simply the art of letting someone know that you feel good about them, without embarrassing them or asking anything of them in return. Charm is good people skills. And this is really attractive.
Charm isn’t sexual. It’s just warmth.
Some of us possess more charm than others. It’s obvious that charming people get more affection from the opposite sex, get respected by strangers. With all the technological advancements we have, direct human communication has become odd and awkward at times. Today, the amount of people who are comfortable with human interaction and communication is becoming more apparent.
I’m convinced that it’s energy and humor. The two of them combined equals charm. ~ Judith Krantz
So, what are some ways to be charming?
- Having confidence is one
- Body language in a way that exudes confidence and calm
- Smile with your eyes (true joy can be seen from eye to eye)
- Be sure to look people in the eyes, even if they look away, be sure to be looking at them when they look back. Since you sincerely want to talk to them.
- Make others around you feel good, put them at ease
- Actually listen and take interest in what other people mention to you.
- Be accepting of others and their differences.
- Being witty (have a sense of humour)
- Judge the situation to know when you should use wit and when it would be inappropriate.
- Be sincere (also known as “being yourself”)
- Be positive & approachable.
Lastly, conversations are like sparring or dancing, you have to be able to hold your own and play off of what comes your way. As with dancing, the more you practice, the better you will become. Sometimes it’s not even a matter of what you say or how you say it, but a matter of what you choose to not say that leaves a lasting impression.
“Even in my silence there is something to be said.”
Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.
- First look at ABC’s new ‘Once Upon a Time’ trailer. Charming? (insidetv.ew.com)
- Grace For Success! (upwordsms.wordpress.com)
- From Old World Charm to New World Urbanity (visualthequecreations.wordpress.com)