Where do you do your best writing?
I do my best writing in bed at the end of the day, but inspiration hits me at any point in the day. Thanks to WordPress on Blackberry I can jot down any inkling of creativity or excitement as it happens (as my friends can attest to).
- On the bus
- In bed
- In the washroom (don’t ask)
- At Starbucks
How long does it take you to write?
It depends on what I’m writing really. With poetry I can write up a storm in anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes and then post it immediately, or I’ll table it for a while and come back to it and do a few revisions. When I’m posting excerpts from my daily happenings it tends to be almost instantaneous since I don’t want to lose the feel or details of the moment at hand.
Why do you write?
I am clear and smooth like liquor when I’m writing. Sometimes my quick-witted brand of “verbal diarrhea” isn’t as succinct or emotionally connected to my train of thought, so writing allows me to slow down and view things with a sense of focus. Knowing that other people can relate to how I feel or be inspired or even opened to different perspectives because of exposure to something I wrote makes me feel good.
In short I write for the same reason that I used to act or draw, I get closer to knowing myself with everything I do.
- WordPress App Tip: The Difference Between “Phone Draft” & “Draft” (levynewsnetwork.wordpress.com)
- Do Something With Your Life – Write And/Or Intern For COED (coedmagazine.com)
- Blogging From Your Phone With WordPress Apps (levynewsnetwork.wordpress.com)
- My Writing Spot (crazyaboutiphone.wordpress.com)
- My Writing Groove (lizakane.wordpress.com)
- How to Write ‘Off Topic Posts’ Without Losing the Focus on Your Blog (tjantunen.com)